Residents move into BoKlok first UK development
BoKlok is delighted to welcome its very first homeowners in the UK, as residents move into their new homes at BoKlok on the Brook in Bristol.
The development, which comprises two and three-bedroom family homes, along with one and two-bedroom apartments, is BoKlok’s flagship UK scheme. The homes were first released for sale in early 2021, via BoKlok’s unique, ballot system. All homes were reserved off-plan, with 97% going to first time buyers. The first group of homeowners are starting to move in to the family houses with more purchasers due to move in, over the coming months.
Jerrie Kristiansson, Sales Director for BoKlok UK, said:
- We are so happy to have been able to welcome the very first of our residents into their new homes in Bristol. So many of our purchasers here have been attracted to the development due to its green credentials and the light and spacious feel that our homes offer. To be able to hand over the keys and see them finally exploring these features and enjoying their new homes, is just amazing.
- There is no denying that along with much of the industry, we have been impacted by delays resulting largely from material and labour shortages, so we thank our purchasers for their patience and understanding.
- Our homes are a welcomed asset to the current housing landscape, and we are proud that so many people want to experience our Scandinavian design and concept, here in the UK.
Adele and Trey are two of our residents who have recently moved into their new home at BoKlok on the Brook in Bristol. They are enjoying settling in and getting to know their new neighbours and said:
- We are so excited to be in our new home. We have already been getting to know the neighbours and there is definitely a sense of community spirit building here already.
- What we really love about the house is the open plan feel. Everything just flows. It’s really spacious, but it still feels like each area has been clearly defined, so it has that homely feel. Everyone that has been round has been really impressed with how much space we have. The garden is a great size too – we are really happy here!
All BoKlok homes are built using modern methods of construction, with the majority completed in a factory and then transported to site for final fixings. Each home has not only been delivered more sustainably, but has been designed to assist future homeowners to live more sustainably too. As well as electric car charging points and ample bike storage across the development, each home includes features such as an Air Source Heat Pump, enhanced insulation and water saving taps, toilets and showers.
BoKlok homes are built around a green heart, with communal landscaped areas and play parks, providing lots of opportunities for neighbours to meet.
While BoKlok has been operating successfully in the Nordics for over 25 years, having delivered in excess of 14,000 new homes, BoKlok on the Brook in Bristol is the developer’s first, UK scheme. All of the homes at BoKlok on the Brook in Bristol are now sold.
In November 2021, BoKlok launched its second UK scheme – BoKlok on the Lake, a new collection of one and two-bedroom apartments in Worthing. All properties from phase one are now reserved. A second phase here is now selling. Further developments are currently underway. You can view all BoKlok developments, on the website.